Lorne is a registered Australian Patent and Trade Marks attorney with over 20 years experience. Lorne is skilled in providing strategic advice in the utilization of intellectual property rights to the best advantage of our clients.
Having worked in the R&D department of an ultrasound medical device manufacturer, and as a production engineer for a manufacturer of surveillance cameras, Lorne became involved in patents by establishing and coordinating the patent searching operation of a large Patent firm in the United Kingdom.
With a broad background in mechanics, electronics, physics and computing, Lorne deals with patent matters across a wide range of technologies including mechanical devices of all types, medical equipment, and computer hardware and software. Lorne has a personal interest in sustainable living and works closely with companies involved with renewable energy, water re-use and conservation.
Lorne takes an interest in education and training and has presented on the subject of IP to students and staff at many of the major Universities in Sydney.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honors) from Leeds University
- Registered Patent and Trade Marks Attorney
- Diploma of Intellectual Property Practice
- Fellow of the Institute Of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
For more information or to contact Lorne Wood-Roe, please call (61-2) 9476 0477.